Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dinning WITH Dominos + Fashion inspiration

I have a number of back-dated food reviews that I have yet to post about. But because those are time consuming I will leave them for another day. Today's dinner at home, however, shot up my top priority posting list.


Yes, I dined with darling Dominos. -drools and swoons-

Though this dining experience is something oh so common, I realized that this is yet again one of the things that brightens our day (at least for mine that is). What made today's eating experience special is that it made me realize the love/warmth within my IMMEDIATE family (Mum, dad and me.Grandparents excluded). When I came back last week, my dad bought Dominos too despite the fact that he does not eat much as it triggers his migraine. That (and other methods)is how he shows his way of caring/providing for the family. In fact,my parents can't help but feed me whenever I come home during the weekend. I used to find it horrifying due to weight issues. Yet, now I realized it is only parental nature for them to do so. I thank God for it. =)

We are all huge fans of two pizza flavours. All of which are thin crust.


The Extravaganzza is awesome for those who love FRESH capsicum and minced meat. Eating it thin crust, to me, is so much better than eating it via classic hand tossed. The thin crust edition is so crunchy and flaky thin, I could savour the topping at ease (without having to chew on the dough like a donkey).

The poor Extravaganzza is no longer my favourite though because I got seduced by another new and current pizza flavour...

The 'new' Classifed Chicken with Top Secret Sauce.

God knows what they put in the 'top secret sauce' but it tastes awesome. Hopefully no weed in it though -sweat-. Creamy, cheesy, not your average tomato paste pizza, addictive and fattening. Yes, Fattening. Fattening!!! That was the only guilt-ridden thought bugging me whenever I eat this Classified Chicken.

So there you go, if you ever stop by for an affair/quickie with Dominos,I suggest you try the top secret sauce. Sorry, Extravaganzza, you come second though you taste good too. :p

Pizzas aside, today I had a sudden fashion-based inspiration/idea. Check this out..


Nothing much I know. But notice the black 'belt' I am wearing over my waist. Well, I decided to use my tube top (the ones I use as a camisole) and turn it into a clinch belt! I have been searching high and low for a perfect clinch belt but to no avail. They are either too expensive or too plain looking for me. Perhaps many would have that idea already. But it was a remarkable discovery for me.

So I paired that 'belt' up with a pink top, black bermuda pants and.. black hoop earrings.. wheeee!!




It was Pink and Black all the way, baby! And that colour combination is so me. For some reason, the whole outfit reminded me of a modern day pirate. errmm.. yea.. -silent-... -_-"

Do take note though, one friend actually indirectly inspired me to do the unusual with fashion. As a matter of fact, she was on my mind when I was in the midst of turning the tube top to a clinch belt.

She is none other than Siew Kwan.

Her mostly odd/unusual/unique sense of fashion somewhat pushed me to be more creative and resourceful in terms of fashion. I've seen how she boldly shares her outfit-of-the-day through her blog with not a hint of shame. But wait, I am missing something else. She also boldly shares about her experiences with the Lord and is never afraid to mention His name whenever possible.

Thanks for being an inspiration, Siew Kwan. I guess it is true that the way we dress depicts our personality, no? :-)

2 comments:

CY said...

hahah dats cool wei. & it looks nice =) now u can save on getting urself a belt =P

Christian Girl in Harrods said...

Wahhhhhhh...*touched* Thanks thanks thanks! :*

But now, I'm seriously so lazy to take outfit picture anymore hahaha. Thanks for your encouragement. *muax*