Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another note.

Amidst the excitement over the freshly baked Kaya Puff, I forgot to post about another food item that my mum and I go ga-ga over.

It is this...

-drools-

The Ampang Fried Dumpling.. or 'Sui Gao' in Cantonese (sorry for the terrible spelling). Public holidays tend to mean breakfast together with mum and dad. Breakfast together would mean going out. Going out would mean having a great bfast which leads to a great kickstart for the day!! :D We often frequent to this place we call Ampang Yong Tau Foo. The Yong Tau Foo.. is just like any Yong Tau Foo. I am a noob in evaluating Yong Tau Foo in general. But the Sui Gao is awesome. For those who do not like the minced meat version of the Sui Gao, this is something you'd like. It is light, crunchy, does not have that after taste you get when you eat Sui Gao that has minced pork in it, neither is it too oily. This Sui Gao has fish fillings in it (obviously) and is addictive.

Hence, just like the oven-baked Kaya Puff I mentioned earlier, this is something that can kickstart my day, turning my grouchy old self into a happy-sunshiny me.

Ah..unlike the Kaya puff though, you do not need to wake up so early to get this as the restaurant opens frm 10am onwards. So your extra sleep time..shall not be compromised :p

1 comment:

kEeCoNk said...

the fried wantan looks so nice!!!!