Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Inspiration on the not so bright side

He strives towards perfection
till he seems flawless to me
It makes me feel uncomfortable
It makes me feel small and impure
It makes me feel envious as he is still so young
I feel convicted, I feel sad, I feel something is not right
yet I feel secure
yet I feel encouraged
yet I feel inspired to change for the better.

I am his 'surrogate sister'
I wish he was my real brother
So as to keep myself in check
But he tries too hard to please others
I advise my best based on experience and observation
He nods in agreement
But who am I
to give practical advices to a semi-flawless person
I may be older
But my level of purity and determination
does not even add up to his.
Then I'd feel uncomfortable,
I'd feel small,
I'd feel impure
I'd feel envious.
It is a vicious cycle.. I can't help but get sucked in it.

On a brighter note, I found my inspiration to write again.
Thanks to him, my surrogate brother.

No comments: