Friday, March 6, 2009

Farewell, TAS

Exactly a week ago, my family and I went to The Actors' Studio in BSC (Bangsar) for the last time. It was a free farewell performance featuring stand-up comedies by Douglas Lim, Harith Iskandar, Monti & Logi, The Come Back Kings, dance performances and so on.

We ended up sitting on the steps since the free passes ran out but it was all worth it. The view was awesome since we were at the centre of the aisle and so were the performances.

Fyi, TAS was more or less 'forced' to leave because BRDB (Bangsar's city hall) felt that having a theatre right smack in the middle of BSC 'does not fit their concept of the new BSC'. Those who frequent to TAS like me would surely have the same question as I have:

What in the world was BRDB thinking?

Well, I would not know. All I do know is that both TAS and BRDB must have parted in bad terms as expressed in their 'Seasons in the sun' parody. There were also hints from the parody that they MIGHT be moving to Sentul West. Might be. So far!! I am indeed so sad :-(

To TAS: Your 8 years of hardwork were all not in vain. You have succeeded in making an impact in Bangsar by reaching to the hearts of busy Bangsarians and other city dwellers via performing arts and stand-up comedies. You were indeed our neighbourhood theatre. We, Bangsarians will miss you loads!!

Goodbye, TAS.

No comments: