Thursday, September 11, 2008

A very backdated Mango Mania meet-up.

Ok. I know this outing was sometime back already (about 2 months back?). But the food and the outing itself was awesome. Honestly, that outing, along with other food sprees, inspired me to start this new blog.

Eve, Ching and I met up for lunch on the 19th of July at Nirvana's. As usual, Nirvana's was packed. But since Eve fancied a banana leaf lunch.. well..might as well drop by. I didn't take the banana leaf (as usual also) since I can't eat rice. So I ended up eating a plate of vegetables and drinking mango lassi (yes, sad i know). But it was the desserts that was inspiring and oh so yummy!!


We walked to a very yellow coloured Mango Mania. Everything looked so inviting.. the lounge area, the cakes, the fruits (yes, they displayed alot of mangoes) ..the whole interior design was pretty.


The menu looked tempting and very yellow too.

















Upon closer inspection, this was (and still is) their speciality. The Yoghurt Ice Cream!! Yo-Froz!!! 98% Fat Free!! -squeals- KYAAA!!

The Yo-Froz comes in 3 different flavours. Natural, Mango, or Natural + Mango. You can also choose to top it off with some cut fruits.

Btw, as I was typing this post, I thought their menu had a spelling error. I swear Yoghurt was spelt as Yoghurt and not Yogurt. So I looked through dictionary.com and discovered that Yoghurt can be spelt as yogurt or even yoghourt.


I learnt something new today. LOL!



These were the cakes they displayed. Mind you, the cakes looked pretty small for a slightly hefty price.










For some reason, the lounge area reminded me of Ikea. -sweat-








After a 'looonngg' period of discussion, we FINALLY ended up choosing (and eating)....

this.. (Mixed Yo-Froz)

this.. (Mango Cheesecake)

and this.. (the Chocolate threefold)

The texture of the Yo-Froz was quite smooth and because it was made of pure yoghurt (well almost), it melted fast. The taste was suprisingly slightly on the salty side. For those who are used to the 'conventional' sweet yoghurt ice cream, they might get taken back with the saltish taste. We didn't mind the taste though. In fact, it was that odd saltish taste that made me fascinated with the Yo-Froz. I guess, this was how an almost pure yoghurt would taste like.

The Mango Cheesecake was really creamy and soft. It wasn't as outstanding as the Yo-Froz if you asked me. It was nice but the taste was quite common if not, we would have still re-called how it tasted like just like the Yo-Froz.

The Chocolate Threefold was very chocolatey. Not bad but again, the Yo-Froz stood out more till I can't even re-call how great the Threefold tasted like.

I don't know why, but I was attracted to the artificial 'mango' tree at the corner where we were seated. It looked so oddly unique and cute, I had to pose with it. :-p











Overall, the desserts were yummy! The combination of colours, the contemporary pictures on the wall, the pillows and the sofas at the lounge area somehow makes you want to chill and order more desserts especially during a hot afternoon.

Another thing I also noticed was that the contemporary pictures were for sale (if I am not wrong) because they had a tag with the name of the artist and the price right below the pictures. So, the lounge area also functioned as a mini art gallery..which I find cute.

We have not tried the main courses there though. The menu contained the usual pastas, sandwiches and other common dishes that I can't recall now. When we do visit Mango Mania again for lunch, I'll be sure to write about it.


And thus, we wrapped up our food outing with a cam-whoring session. We just wished Anju and the OTHER two *coughs* Sya and Chui *coughs* were there too.

No worries, I'm sure we will all get a chance to adjourn to Mango Mania to add extra calories in our already lumpy bodies.


Pray Mango Mania doesn't close down before we get there though.

No comments: