Friday, September 12, 2008

Spa Treat 12/09

Today I treated mum (and myself) to a one and a half hour full body aroma massage at my previous workplace; Aurora (I worked as a part-time receptionist there halfway through my summerbreak). It was so relaxing..though I did feel ticklish when the masseuse touched my foot. LOL!! The aroma massage comes together with the Hot Stone therapy and boy, was it heavenly. Well..at least it didn't scald my skin like some Char Siew. And I was so glad the massuese didn't go too hard on me. Since this was my first time going for a full body massage, I was obviously elated and easily impressed. Mum suggested I try out the massage done by the bling people, according to her, they are also as good (and cheaper too). Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves at Aurora.

I was definitely sure my neck/shoulder areas would ache abit after that since the muscles have hardened because they tense up easily. Shows how much we were in need of some relaxation to untense those muscles. It felt rather weird to me for awhile though especially the idea of having your own colleagues (or ex-colleagues) massage you.. -sweat-.

Working at Aurora might have been slightly placid but I still loved it, somehow or rather. Not to say I was totally complacent. I mean, I believe everywhere we go, we would surely learn something. It depends whether we choose to open our eyes or not. I learnt more Mandarin from my ex-colleagues, I learnt to be more compassionate to these foreign workers (something essential if I were to decide to embark on the Human Resources Management career) and I learnt to be more grateful/proud of my Chinese-Malagasy parentage (might be labelled as self acceptance,perhaps?).

Actually, my plan for today was to write on a meet-up we (Ching, Chui, Sya and An) had at Anju's place, featuring pics of imported Chocs from Ireland (or was it London?) and the classic Irish Baileys. But because the spa treat was just wonderful and sentimental (I got to meet-up with my ex-colleagues and treat mum), I had to post it up on this blog.

-Aurora, the art of massage-

I wished I took some pictures at Aurora (at least pics of the oil bottles or something)..but the inspiration to create a post for this outing came well after I came back. Thank goodness I have my boss's card.

Do drop by at Aurora if you happen to be galavanting at Jalan Telawi, Bangsar. :-)

*Bday wishes: Happy 22nd birthday,Joshua aka Josh. May God bless you,bum bum! :-)

No comments: