Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally, after so long.

I was supposed to post this up yesterday but anyhow.

The 5 of us (Ching, Anju, Sya, Chui and I) FINALLY managed to meet up on the 7th of August at Anju's place after months and months (or maybe years) of not being able to meet up. Anju came back from Ireland for the summer break. It was a great experience. Dinner was simple; Ching and I 'ta-pao-ed' food from a food court in DP (I 'ta-pao-ed' rice..Gasp!), and brought it over to An's place to eat while the rest came after dinner.

The meet up was sweet and simple, literally. Sweet because the girlish chitty chatters were accompanied with some Lindt's Swiss Chocolates and a small glass (really one, it was a small brandy glass, don't worry!) of Irish Baileys. (Sorry la, I got it wrong about the chocolates in my last post). Perfect for a Thursday night...though NOT perfect on the calories and sugar content. LOL! Sure, the combination of rich Swiss Chocolates and rich Irish Baileys was an absolute calorie-intake disaster. But, it was oh so yummy and hormonal changing (chocolates increase your Endorphins mah).




-Frm top to bottom: The top cover of Lindt's chocolates and the treasures that awaits us inside...*dramatic Hallelujah music plays when cover opens*-

Ching brought along her Dad's new bulky SLR camera. Though the camera annoyed Sya, the pictures turned out beautiful..as you can see. Come la, Sya, give the camera some credit. LOL.

And so, we updated each other on what we have been doing with our lives so far. I couldn't believe how much we have grown. One of us was already married with a baby daughter, the other was working and staying with her bf, one had already travelled Europe during her stay in Ireland, and one was/is still studying but will soon enter her final year. Amazing.

-The lonely chocolate; his other friend dressed in white with an almond armour is destined to be devoured by a hormonal changing female homosapien-


Btw, before going to Anju's place after getting the food, I noticed the nice mileague numbers my car was displaying. And it was the 7th of August to top it all off.

I had to take a picture of this.

(Courtesy of -inhales air- ..Ching's dad's SLR camera..phew!)



To be honest, that night was the first time I could sip the Baileys PROPERLY. I mean, I drank Baileys before, and I do appreciate the taste. Nevertheless, I knew there was some way of sipping it 'correctly' so as to acquire that creamy taste on your tongue. But I couldn't master it. All the while, I usually drank it in a not-so-proper cup (like a hot cocoa mug..where the rims of the cup were designed to make bigger sips). Anju, on the other hand, served the Baileys in a brandy glass and it was much easier to take tiny sips. Though this was just a petty thing, it actually makes some difference which we may take for granted.


See!! I told you, the glass was small and the amount, very little. I did not drink so much la :-p

-For some reason, brandy glasses remind me of antique parrafin lamps especially the lamp shade..except the rim of the lamp shade has been sliced off and there is no kerosene stand at the bottom-





(Photo courtesy of Wikipedia)










Hmmmm.......








I needed to post the following two pictures so as to clear any misunderstandings with Eeyore's owner and Eeyore himself that we had no intention to bully Eeyore or mentally traumatise him. LOL!!

I hereby declare that Eeyore is not gay as displayed in the picture below (notice the golden earring?)...



...And is not the type who would walk around with nothing but a bath towel on his head and sits on people's laps stark naked..




We had such a great time, that I lost track off time. Ended up coming back a little over my curfew time. But, bad as I am, I didn't quite bother. This time, we really wished Eve could join us then that could 'complete' the whole meet-up with all the 6 of us. But thats ok, I am sure all 6 of us will be able to meet up sooner or later.

Finally, after so long :-)

No comments: