Monday, September 14, 2009

La Suisse (12/09/2009)

La Suisse, a place nestled within Damansara Heights, used to be a restaurant we would frequent to since I was a child.

Sentimental/cosy Fine Dining. That's La Suisse for you. Decors are not extravaggant, in fact nothing has changed since. I certainly give credit to the owners (two brothers)who have painstakingly maintained the place. Even the head waitress is still working there. La Suisse was one of the places I 'grew up' with. Perhaps that explains why I always had this nostalgic feeling everytime I step into the restaurant. I can't not blog about this.. can I?

Pics:

Butter Fish with Prawn Sauce. Note that the sides (consisting of boiled potatoes and finely sauted spinach) were still the same as I remembered them to be. It may look simple, but the taste was and still is exquisite.


Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Seafood. Trust me, the dish itself looks more appetising than what I have snapped here. The bad pic is due to a combination of bad lighting, an amatuer photographer (me) and a hungry father (note the fork on the plate).

We ordered three dishes actually. Mum ordered Dory Fish with tomato & basil sauce, which was very well seasoned with fresh herbs. I did not take a pic of that though as it looks similar to the butter fish dish. Their menu has not changed much too. I love their desserts as well.. however, our already shrinking appetites prevented us from ordering at least ONE dessert. :(

The food in La Suisse is rather pricey mind you..esp for those on a budget. Dishes can range between Rm30++ to Rm50++ but one dish itself can be pretty filling. If you are willing to have a one night splurge on a romantic/sentimental dinner, this is a perfect place to go to. In fact, I'd strongly recommend the place for your typical cosy Valentine's dinner. :-)



No comments: